How to Mix Patterns Without Looking Like A Clown Barfed Out Your Outfit
- Don’t be afraid, this is a fun way to experiment without trying anything too experimental!
- Other fashion rules still apply. Don’t forget about fit, color, and layering rules.
- Stay with complementing colors, or colors in the same range. This keeps the patterns working together instead of fighting for attention, a necessary balance for a polished look.
- You can use bold color mixes to make this an even more daring adventure. An easy mix would be a bright floral skirt with a bold striped top.
- Do not mix two clothing pieces with the same pattern, this is really the most important trick to not looking like a clown who haphazardly put things together.
- You can mix anything with stripes, black and white especially!
That’s it. Easy as one-two-six!
Check out these awesome examples below and then go and make your own!